Consumer reports labels Trane as one of the leading marketers and manufacturers of gas furnaces. Trane models come in single and multistage configurations; most models have an AFUE rating of over 90%.
Trane units are available through a large dealer network and average about $3000, though the cost can range depending on the consumers needs.
Trane furnace consumer reports are readily available through consumer reports website or by reading customer reviews on various Trane websites.
Consumer reports claims they have found no significant differences between the major furnace brand names.
Trane furnaces are found to be one of the major brands least repairs, with a repair rate of 15% to 24%. Trane is listed as one of the top four furnace dealers/manufacturers, and the price tag is accordingly higher.
Trane furnace consumer reports have also found Trane dealers to have some of the best warranties among other top brands.
Despite what the consumer reports say, some actual consumers are not so impressed with Trane units. Most complain they were sold on a good warranty, but have found that Trane finds any way possible to avoid taking responsibility for unit problems, therefore leaving the problem not covered by warranty.
This would not be such an issue if the units were failing after years of services, but customer complains indicate problems after only a couple years.
Trane furnace consumer reports complain of Trane blaming installers or a homeowner’s ductwork for the unit issues, instead of considering a manufacturers error, and most customers end up paying for most or all of the repair parts and labor.
There are, however, many satisfied customers. Consumer reports list Trane as the third best furnace, only behind American Standard and Rheem, and these three brands trade places but consistently dominate the top three spots. Trane is typically just as good a buy as the other two, but for a lower or comparable price.
Trane is also very energy efficient. In 2007, they received Best of the Best award from the EPA. Trane furnaces have an efficiency rating of up to 97%, which means a lot more money staying in a customer’s pocket.
Most reports note that customers are more likely to leave a comment about a product if they are unsatisfied in any way, while happy customers are less likely to say anything.
Trane’s efficiency ratings also qualify consumers for energy conservation rebates through government programs in many states. While the higher efficiency models may have higher upfront installation costs, it seems to be worth the money for the energy and money saved down the road.
Energy efficiency experts recommend Trane as one of the most energy efficient and reliable brands on the market. In a unit with 97% efficiency, only 3% of energy is wasted, while the other 97% goes towards creating heat for the home.
As always, consumers are encouraged to do plenty of research before purchasing any new appliance. That being said, Trane offers a number of positives and has consistently maintained a presence in the top three furnace brands on the market.
Originally posted 2010-09-20 11:41:01.