If you are shopping around for furnaces, one of the main things that you are probably looking out for are potential problems that you might have with your furnace.
By looking around and asking questions of other furnace owners, you can discover both the pros and cons of different types of furnaces. When you are researching Carrier furnaces, one of the things that you will need to look for are Carrier furnace complaints.
Though not everyone has a complaint about their Carrier furnace, there are plenty of people who are just waiting to voice their opinions.
Since a furnace is such a big and important purchase, those who are unhappy with the decision they may tend to be very vocal about it. Here are a few of the biggest Carrier furnace complaints.
1. The replacement parts are too expensive. Many of those who have been caring for a Carrier furnace for several years will tell you the same thing.
The parts cost way too much. Since you expect to have a furnace for 10 to 20 years, you can expect that there will be a few times when you have to purchase replacement parts. However, if the parts are very expensive, you may find yourself spending way more than you intended.
2. Carrier furnaces have faulty motherboards. The motherboard of the furnace is the panel that controls everything the furnace does. If your motherboard goes bad, the furnace will not work. There are many who complain of having to replace the motherboard of their Carrier furnace several times during ownership.
3. The furnace is too loud. For those who have the furnace installed right outside their bedroom, there are many complaints that the furnace is too loud and is disruptive to normal, daily life.
4. The furnace does not last long enough before it has to be replaced. Most furnaces can easily last up to 20 years or more. There are several Carrier furnace complaints stating that they have had to replace their furnaces after only 5 to 9 years.
5. The parts are hard to get. When you order a new part for your furnace, you want to be able to get your hands on it immediately so that your furnace will be functional. There are many complaints about Carrier not being able to get you your replacement parts in a reasonable amount of time.
No matter which furnace you buy, there will be at least a few complaints about it. Remember that even though you might be buying the best furnace on the market, if it is not installed properly, you will have problems. Do your research and find a good contractor and you can get the furnace that you need.
Originally posted 2010-07-12 04:40:14.