If you are looking for a new furnace for your home, you should be doing your homework and finding out which ones work the best. Since the furnace is such as important and expensive purchase, you want to know what you are getting into before you spend a lot of cash.
One of the most popular brands of furnaces is the Comfortmaker brand. They have been around since about 1900 so the company has definitely had a long history of making furnaces. However, just like any company, they do get some complaints.
Here is a short list of Comfortmaker Furnace complaints that for you to consider before making your purchase.
1. Comfortmaker units need too many repairs. There are many complaints from home owners which say that for the cost of the repairs they have had to make, they could have bought a whole new unit.
2. Bad customer service. There are several home owners online who have complained that Comfortmaker has bad customer service. When they have voiced their complaints and problems to the manufacturer, they have not gotten a timely response or have not gotten a response at all.
3. The same parts need replacing over and over again. If you look at Comfortmaker furnace complaints, you will probably notice that a lot of people keep having to replace the same parts over and over again. This seems like it might be a problem with the part itself that the company has not owned up to.
4. Poor durability. Some customers who complain about Comfortmakers have stated that the unit just wears out too quickly. This is considered to be a durability issue. When the furnace needs to be replaced before the warranty even runs out, you know that there is probably a problem.
These are a few of the complaints that have been stated about Comfortmaker furnaces. It’s always best to review the pros and cons of any furnace before you decide to make a purchase.
Keep in mind that even the best furnace will break down if it is not installed properly, so make sure that you feel comfortable with your choice of contractor.
Originally posted 2010-07-06 05:08:43.
There are many furnaces on the market today that are available for heating one’s home. One model that is top of the line is the Comfortmaker. This excellent furnace is built to make it as convenient as possible for the homeowner to enjoy comfortable living during the winter months. Occasionally one will run into a problem such as the Comfortmaker furnace not lighting.
If this happens, the first thing to be done is to make sure there is sufficient power coming to the furnace. This is done by checking the fuses and the breaker panel. If any switch in the breaker power is on ‘off’ then it needs to be put back to the ‘on’ position. Any bad fuses need to be replaced. Checking the main valve to be sure the gas (or electricity) has not been shut off for some reason should be done before going further.
When the power is confirmed to be on, the code lights should be working. By carefully looking at these codes anything they indicate is wrong should be corrected. Two possible problems, when a furnace will not light, is that either there is a problem with the gas coming in (if it is a gas furnace), or there is something wrong with the pilot light.
A pilot light can become plugged by the accumulation of dirt and moisture. This makes a solid plug which prevents the light to be continuous. Checking this unit to make sure it is free and clear will sometimes be all that is needed to get the furnace running again.
Flame Sensors can become corroded over a time and cause problems. If this needs replacing they are relatively inexpensive and not difficult to install. The owner’s manual will give complete instructions for this operation.
Many people do not think about checking the thermostat. This is the unit that tells the furnace when the temperature is at a level where it needs to turn on or off. In a number of cases, when this was replaced the problem was taken care of.
If there is still a problem, with a Comfortmaker furnace not lighting, after doing all that was shared here, thoroughly cleaning the furnace, reading the owner’s manual carefully and talking to a company technician then it is time to call for outside help. A professional has the equipment to quickly check for the problem and get the furnace working again.
Originally posted 2010-08-26 08:44:22.
When one has a furnace in their home for heat it is important that it work properly, especially in the winter months. Comfortmaker furnace is unique in that, if something seems to be going wrong they provide Comfortmaker furnace error codes. These codes allow one to know what to do to correct problems that might occur.
This unique system is located at the bottom of the front panel of the furnace. The code is relayed by a red blinking light. The number of blinks and their speed will indicate what part of the furnace is having trouble.
When the code is determined it is simple to check against code listing which is attached. This paper is usually inside the door panel and will relay what the problem is.
Sometimes the repair is very simple, such as a fuse replacement, other times it is more serious and might need the assistance of a certified furnace technician. Having this code system takes the guessing out of trying to determine exactly what the problem is when the furnace is not working properly. It often saves the homeowner a great deal of money in repair bills.
A few examples of these codes are: A slow green means normal operation, steady red means control failure, 2 red means pressure switch stuck closed, 4 red means limit switch open and so forth.
As one can see many of these codes indicate a very simple correction that can be done by the homeowner. This makes it much easier than having to call a technician in every time something simple goes wrong.
Occasionally these codes do not seem to convey the correct message. The light will give a code, yet when one makes the correction indicated it does not seem to correct the problem. This may very well be because something has caused an interruption from the problem and the code light.
When this happens one should check all the connection contacts, and make sure they are clean. Many times a problem of this sort is simply because dirt and grime have accumulated on the contact points. This system of codes has been worked out very carefully and is a safety feature for the homeowner.
Comfortmaker furnace error codes do not occur very often but are an excellent feature on this furnace. They allow the furnace owner to make immediate corrections to a problem. Without the code to indicate what is wrong a small thing could turn into a major repair job. This is a real bonus for the homeowner.
Originally posted 2010-08-12 07:28:41.
When checking on the Internet you will find that Comfortmaker furnace reliability is above reproach. It receives a ranking of 5, the highest possible, on the rating scales. A review of testimonials shows that the consumer is very satisfied with its long lasting ability.
As with any piece of equipment, there will be repairs needed from time to time. With this furnace, it is usually just a matter of a simple adjustment which can be done by the furnace owner. Most people report having the furnace in place for a number of years without a problem.
United Technologies is the company that manufactures this furnace and they are well known for their expertise in the world of high-tech. Thanks to their extensive research and development facilities, they are able to manufacture top of the line equipment. Their research department is constantly seeking new ways to improve their products and this is passed on to the consumer.
In the manufacturing of the furnace, only the very best materials are used. The finest metals and mechanical parts are researched to provide top of the line in these areas. Each weld and joining of parts is carefully scrutinized every step along the way to make sure there is no possible mechanical or material error.
As the result of their very thorough handling of this unit, from the drawing board to the finished product, one has something that is not only well built but reliable. Many of these furnaces have recorded years of use with little or no minor corrections needed. Their built-in coded system allows for the homeowner to take care of minor repairs personally should any be required.
Thanks to the geothermal energy plan and their coded alert system one has the best possible product on the market to keep one’s home warm during the winter months. Being able to know that it is going to run day and night and keep the temperature at an even degree is a comfort to the homeowner. There is no need to worry about possibly waking up in the middle of the night to a freezing house.
Comfortmaker furnace reliability stands without question in the field of home heating. It has proven itself over the years as being a product that can be depended upon to not only last for a long time but to continue to produce the kind of heat needed for home comfort. One can ask for nothing better from a product of this nature.
Originally posted 2010-08-30 08:53:43.
Comfortmaker furnace troubleshooting does not only have to be done by a professional. If you can find the problem yourself, you can save the money for repairs and do them on your own. There are several easy reasons why your furnace may not be working properly. Check these tips to try to fix the problem yourself and save on a big repair bill.
1. Check for a blinking LED code. There will be an LED light near the bottom of your furnace that flashes a code when your furnace is working improperly. Take note of the number of times the light flashes and then look up the code in your users manual. You may be able to take care of the problem yourself.
2. If you are having problems with your heat coming on and then immediately going off, you can easily take care of this problem by cleaning the “flame sensor” rod. This rod came become clogged and will cause the unit to shut off right after igniting. Check your manual for the exact location of the flame sensor in your model.
3. Check the breaker box that is located next to the furnace to make sure that all switches are in the “on” position. Sometimes a power surge can cause a breaker to turn off. If this is the case, turn the breaker back on and your furnace should begin working properly. However, if this problem keeps happening, you will need to call a repair person to find out what is causing it.
4. Check your outdoor unit to make sure that it is not being blocked by unruly weeds, grass or hedges. If there are hedges taking over your outdoor unit, then that is probably why it is not running properly. Trim back the hedges and you may just be able to fix your problem.
Comfortmaker furnace troubleshooting does not have to be left to the professionals. However, if you do come across a problem that you feel you cannot fix yourself, feel free to call a repair person and get the job done fast.
Originally posted 2010-07-01 05:12:08.