If you are constantly having problems with your furnace air filter getting clogged, it may be because you are not using a high quality product. A good air filter should trap almost all of your dust and mold and should last at least 3 months.
Here is a list of the top 5 best furnace air filters that you can buy. This list was complied by comparing user ratings and comments from those who have actually owned these filters.
1. Hunter HepaTech Replacement Filter. This air filter is actually 3 filters in one. Each filter provides a different function, help your air to flow smoothly though the system. It also lasts up to 6 months which can be very helpful for those who forget to change out their air filter on a regular basis.
2. Furnace Air Filters by Nordic Pure. These multi-purpose filters remove mold, pet dander, dust and pollen. They have a low price and offer reduced amounts of dust in the home. This filter is especially helpful for those with asthma.
3. The Ace Pleated Furnace Air Filter. This high efficiency air filter has metal mesh supports and traps lint, pet hair and dust. It lasts up to 3 months and can be bought in bulk.
4. The American Air Filter Electrostatic Permanent Air Filter. Since this air filter is permanent it can be cleaned and reused for a lifetime. This saves on cost and the time it takes to purchase new air filters.
5. The Blueair 200PF Replacement Particle Filter. This filter traps 99% of allergens and and is resistant to bacteria and mold. It only has to be changed every 6 months or so. Also, it is made with 100% recyclable materials.
The filters listed above all have excellent reviews and great specifications making them the best furnace air filters available. You won’t go wrong if you choose any of these for you home.
Whether you use a permanent filter, such as the American Air Filter, or a replaceable one such as the Hunter Hepa Tech, you should be able to find a quality air filter that meets your needs.
Originally posted 2010-07-04 05:12:29.